Sherburne Memorial Library Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Present: Sally Koch, Jill Post, Diane Rosenblum, Nan Salamon, Beth Sarandrea Jane Ramos, Librarian
The board meeting was called to order at 3:33pm.
A MOTION was made by Nan Salamon and seconded by Beth Sarandrea to approve the meeting minutes from December 19, 2017. All approved.
• The report was reviewed. We are currently at 41% of the budget. We should be at 50%. We are doing very well. • The restricted funds report was reviewed.
Chairman’s Report – no report
• Jane’s written report was reviewed.
• The access point will be replaced in the main library in the next couple of weeks.
• Book Club has been changed to the last TUESDAY of the month due to Senior Lunch being changed to Tuesdays.
• A Saturday movie matinee will be scheduled for once a month at 11am with some hot soup to share.
• Building Issues- o An elbow pipe broke in the heater register in the front of the library by the computer section. It was a minor fix by CV Oil.
• Fall Appeal Letter- $680 was received from the appeal. Postage costs were $250. Plans are to send a letter out next year with a discussion starting in October. May use Mail Chimp, email, to distribute some of the appeal letters.
Evaluation of Library Director – Blank evaluations were distributed to the Trustees. Each trustee is asked to review the evaluation and should come to the February board meeting prepared to complete the evaluation and then present the evaluation to Jane.
Spring Fundraiser: Sip and Spell Update – Jane gave the Trustees the rules for the Sip and Spell to be held at the Summit on Saturday, February 10 at 6pm for dinner and 7pm for the start of the spelling bee. Nine people have registered. Jane would like us to publicize the event and encourage people to participate. She is hoping for at least 30-50 participants.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Sally Koch and seconded by Jill Post. Meeting was adjourned at 4:14pm.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 3:30pm.
Nan Salamon, Secretary