Sherburne Library Board of Trustees

 

Sherburne Memorial Library

Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

 

Present: Sally Koch, Jill Post, Diane Rosenblum, Nan Salamon, Beth Sarandrea, Jane Ramos, Librarian

The board meeting was called to order at 3:44pm.

A MOTION was made by Jill Post and seconded by Beth Sarandrea to approve The Library Board of Trustees meeting minutes, which were corrected, from Tuesday, June 12, 2017. All approved.

Treasurer’s Report

  • This being the beginning of the 2017-2018 fiscal year, the budget was reviewed. Repairs line item was reduced to $1,500 with the bulk of the amount now under the town budget; Programs/Special Events and Performers are two separate line items; Office Supplies line item was increased to $600; $1000 for marketing is new item. Jane reviewed the amounts in the restricted funds.
  • At the close of the last fiscal year any money left in the library budget went back into the town’s general fund. A check was written to Jenne toward the new roof construction.
  •  

Librarian’s Report

  • Jane’s written report was reviewed.

 Old Business

  • Building Issues –Jenne will start work the third week in August to begin on the roof’s insulation/ventilation. The roof itself will be replaced next spring.
  • Parent Letter Bulleted – Jane revised the Parent Letter with bullets added. It will be reviewed again at the August Board meeting for approval. We will try to shorten the letter and maybe add some bold print to certain items.
  • Jane will take the letter to the Killington Elementary School and Woodstock for suggestions.
  • The letter will be on the website so that it can be downloaded, signed and returned to the library.

 New Business

  • Book and Jewelry sale on the 4th of July netted $1300 for the Friends.
  • The parade with the Fairy Tale Festival floats was a success. There are pictures on the library Facebook page.
  • Summer Programs/Camp Issues- The library has planned activities for Wednesdays for the camp. Due to rainy Tuesdays, the camp has gone to the activity center at the mountain on Wednesdays instead of the scheduled Tuesday. Thus there has been a very low turnout for the library activities which are costly. Next year Jane feels that the library will plan activities around the library clientele. Jane, Beth and Kim will meet to discuss the best way for camp staff to alert the library that a group of campers would like to come to the library.
  • Festival Plans – Plans are going well.
    • Jane will need some food for the library exhibitors on the night before the festival as well as for breakfast the day of the festival. This will be discussed again at a later meeting when she can verify the number of people that will need to be fed.
    • Diane will check on options for parking and shuttling people into the festival.

A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Sally Koch and seconded by Nan Salamon. Meeting was adjourned at 4:51pm.

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:30pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Nan Salamon

Secretary