Sherburne Memorial Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Present: Sally Koch, Nan Salamon, Beth Sarandrea, Jane Ramos, Librarian
Absent: Diane Rosenblum, Jill Post
The board meeting was called to order at 3:35pm.
A MOTION to approve The Board of Trustees meeting minutes from Tuesday, April 11, 2017 was made by Sally Koch and seconded by Nan Salamon. All approved.
* The written Treasurer’s report was reviewed. Presently we are at 70% of the yearly budget in spending. This is below the 83% of the actual budget. Any funds at the end of the fiscal year will be used to offset the roof cost.
* A half page ad was placed in the community section in The Mountain Times. A MOTION was made by Beth Sarandrea that the bill of $404.64 for the cost of the ad will be taken from the custodial line item. Sally Koch seconded the motion. All approved.
* Jane’s written report was reviewed.
* A MOTION was made by Sally Koch and seconded by Beth Sarandrea that the Killington Active Seniors have a page to be linked to the Library Website. All approved.
* The interior rugs will be cleaned on a bimonthly basis, costing $35 each time.
Building Issues –
* New Bids for the roof are due by the end of May. The roof committee will meet again. Maximum final cost for the roof should be no more than $250,000.
Computer/Internet update –
* Jane and Henry have met. Some people cannot connect to the library WiFi. The password will be changed for the secure website. The public website “Sherburne Public WiFi” will have no password.
* Computer updates will take place about May 15th and take all day.
* Jane has two new vendors. One is Jenna Carlston from West Rutland who sells crowns, costumes, etc. The vendors pay $75 and bring their own tent.
* By June board meeting, Jane hopes that all is done for the festival as far as vendors and libraries.
* On May 20, there will be a photo shoot of some characters to start the publicity with more photos each month.
* Kick off for the Festival will be participants marching in the 4th of July parade.
* Jane will try to attend a Renaissance Faire on June 24 and 25 to publicize the Fairy Tale Festival.
* Library gardens have been tended to by Alice who has also worked with George Lyons. The gardens look beautiful.
* The friends do not have any fundraiser for the summer except for the Book Fair on July 4th.
* Jane showed us a picture of a library in Texas who transformed their circulation desk into a Story Bar. It has computers which promoted books with links, pictures, etc.
* The contract for the use of the meeting room will be revised and ready for review at the June Board meeting.
* Rack cards are being developed for the summer for adult and children activities. Some activities for adults will be coloring on Wednesdays, a quick review of new books once a month, in July a woman will come to speak about fairy tales, concert series, Mad Hatter Tea Party fund raiser for adults.
* Circulation is steady and the kids have been behaving.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Nan Salamon and seconded by Beth Sarandrea. Meeting was adjourned at 4:10pm.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 3:30pm.