Sherburne Memorial Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Present: Sally Koch, Diane Rosenblum, Nan Salamon, Jane Ramos, Librarian
The board meeting was called to order at 3:33pm.
A MOTION was made by Nan Salamon and seconded by Sally Koch to approve the meeting minutes from November 14, 2017 as corrected. All approved.
· The report was reviewed. We are currently at 35.6% of the budget with a few expenditure items not included. We should be at or under 42%. The conservative spending may allow for the modification to the HVAC.
· The Fairy Tale line item in the Restricted Funds also includes the money for the Viking Invasion.
· Diane distributed gift certificates to the staff from the Board. Reimbursement was an issue this year. Next year funds for the gifts may be given by the board members or possibly the Friends.
· Jane’s written report was reviewed.
· The CD collection has been weeded out and will be rebuilt.
· The roof project is completed. The master key still needs to be returned.
· State statistics are due 1/8/18.
· Henry came to work on the computers and may need to replace the access point.
· Lighting ballast in the Vermont roof needs to be replaced.
· Pete The Cat was a big hit.
· Jane will be displaying pictures in library of events that have occurred during the past year.
· Roof and building issues – NONE
· Fall Appeal Letter- The letter has been sent out to 600 residents. A few donations have already been received.
· The town report has been sent in with some pictures of the solar event, Pete The Cat, kids’ programs and the Fairy Tale Festival.
· Looking ahead to 2018 –
o Kids programs will stay about the same
o February 10 – Sip and Spell – an adult spelling bee will be held at the Summit.
o Jane saw a magician at a Rec presentation that may be great for a senior’s program in the spring.
o Viking Invasion in September will be an authentic Viking village and demonstrations.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Sally Koch and seconded by Nan Salamon. Meeting was adjourned at 4:16pm.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:30pm.
Nan Salamon, Secretary